Current Style: Standard
The City of Boroondara Home and Community Care (HACC) program can provide a trained Direct Care Worker for Respite Care in the home and local community for a person with a disability. This enables the Carer to have a break for a few hours during the day, evening or on the weekend. Personal Care and Home Care can also be offered to eligible clients. An in-home assessment is required to determine eligibility, hours, and fees in accordance with the HACC guidelines.
Eligibility: People with a disability living in the City of Boroondara.
Program Hours: 7.00am – 1.00am, 7 days a week (excluding public holidays).
Office Address: 360 Burwood Road Hawthorn 3122
Phone: 9278 4722
Fax: 9278 4748
Email: ageing.disabilityservices@ boroondara.vic.gov.au
Office hours: 8:30am – 5:15pm Monday – Friday
* See Recreation – children and adults for information about City of Boroondara Social Groups
Monash City Council provides services for people with disabilities, the frail aged and their carers to assist them to reside in the community in their own home.
• Home Care: Assistance with household tasks, shopping, paying bills, food preparation and attendance at appointments.
• Personal Care: Assistance with activities of daily living including dressing, showering, toileting, transfers, mobility and respite.
• Social Support Activities: Community meals, social outings, companionship, information, referral and recreation.
• Planned Activity Groups: Offering gentle exercise, recreational and music activities as well as outings. An evening group is available for younger dependent adults with a disability.
• Transport: A community bus service within the municipality to fixed destinations.
• Meals: Cook chilled home delivered meals.
• Home Maintenance: Includes installation of ramps and rails, limited home and garden maintenance to ensure continued access and safety around the home.
Eligibility: People, who are frail, aged, or have a disability living in the City of Monash.
Program Hours: Variable.
Office address: 293 Springvale Road Glen Waverley 3150
Phone: 9518 3553
Fax: 9518 3499
Office hours: 9am – 5pm Monday - Friday
Knox's Respite Care Service allows carers of the frail, aged or people with a disability the opportunity to have a break. This service is provided in the client's home. Prior to services being provided, each client is assessed in their home for services according to individual needs. Access to services is subject to eligibility, availability of staff and the cost of service is dependent upon income.
Eligibility: People with a disability living in the City of Knox.
Program Hours: Variable.
Office Address: 511a Burwood Highway, Wantirna 3152
Phone: 9298 8345 or 9298 8370
Fax: 9298 8194
Office hours: 8.30am - 5pm Monday - Friday
Respite Care supports carers of people with disabilities by giving them a break from their caring responsibilities. Assistance can be provided with arranging planned regular respite or occasional respite. Respite is available after an assessment and consultation with the Occupational Health and Safety Team.
Respite for carers of children and young people with disabilities is available during school holidays through the Manningham Activities for Special Kids (MASK) program.
Eligibility: For carers of people with a disability living in the area of Manningham City Council.
Program Hours: 7am – 12am, Monday - Friday
Office Address: 699 Doncaster Road, Doncaster 3108
Phone: 9840 9700
Fax: 9840 9744
Email: manningham@ manningham.vic.gov.au
Office hours: 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday
* See Out of School Hours – children for information about Manningham Activities for Special Kids (MASK)
Providing in home respite for carers of children and older persons.
Eligibility: People with a disability living in the City of Maroondah
Program Hours: Variable.
Office Address: 9 Civic Square, Croydon 3136
Phone: 9294 5729
Fax: 9294 5744
Office hours: 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday - Friday
• Home Support Services: Home Support Services provide home help, personal and respite assistance to the frail aged, people with a disability and their carers.
• Home Maintenance: Assists older and disabled residents in their own homes during illness and after hospitalisation. Assessments allocate services according to needs and availability. The focus is on health and safety in and around the home and long-term solutions. Tasks include installation of handrails, ramps and smoke detectors.
• Transport: Community Transport operates a variety of services within the City of Whitehorse. The service is for frail aged and people with disabilities who have difficulty obtaining transport to local facilities such as shopping, swimming, appointments and day centres. Residents will be assessed according to their eligibility, needs and requirements. There is a charge for these services.
• Culturally Linguistical Diverse Services: There are services available to assist people from diverse cultural backgrounds. A variety of clubs and organisations cater for many nationalities, including: Cambodian, Chinese, Cypriot, Dutch, Fijian, Greek, Hungarian and Italian.
• Social Support – Non Centre Based: This service offers recreation and social support activities for socially isolated frail older adults and people with disabilities living in the City of Whitehorse. Small group activities provide people with companionship whilst participating in a variety of recreational and leisure activities. This service aims to enhance the independence, emotional, social and intellectual well being of participants. This is achieved by linking people with existing services or creating new services. • Social Support – Centre Based: This service provides social and recreational programs to meet the needs of older/frail aged and socially isolated people with memory loss and younger people with disabilities from English and non-English speaking backgrounds. Social Support aims to enhance the independence, self esteem and quality of life for all program participants. The aim is to provide opportunities for companionship and friendship through participation in satisfying and enjoyable activities, including gentle exercises, massage/spa/relaxation, cooking, outings/day trips, art/craft and guest speakers. Transport and lunch are provided for a small cost.
Eligibility: People living in the area of Whitehorse City Council with a disability.
Program Hours: Variable
Office Address: 379 – 397 Whitehorse Road Nunawading 3131
Phone: 9262 6333
Fax: 9262 6490
Email: customer.service@ whitehorse.vic.gov.au
Office hours: 8am – 4.30pm Monday - Friday
• Respite Care: provided in home & outing based for eligible clients to enable carers to take a break. No overnight respite provided.
• Planned Activity Groups: (PAG) social groups that meet clients’ needs, encourages independence and provides physical, intellectual, emotional and social stimulation.
Eligibility: People living in the Shire of Yarra Ranges and are HACC eligible. An in-home assessment is required. All services are based on client need and are provided according to available resources.
Program Hours: As negotiated.
Office Address: Anderson Street Lilydale 3140
Phone: 1300 368 333
Fax: 9294 6483
Email: intakeadministrator@ yarraranges.vic.gov.au
Office hours: 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday